Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Advisory 02/2004: Trillian remote overflows-> maybe this is off-topic, but...

From: "first last" <randnut () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 02:56:23 +0000

>    "What is Trillian?
>
>     Trillian is a skinnable, interoperable instant messaging client.
>     Grab the best IM client available on the Internet today!
>     Trillian .74 is completely free, with no spyware and no ads.
>     Over 10 million downloads can't be wrong!"

"Completely free". Aha. Where is the source code and a suitable license
to modify and share modifications?

"No spyware". Aha. How can we know without the source? Well, I guess we
have to take their word.

No, you're free to reverse engineer Trillian (they might sue you, though). Everything is "open source" if you know assembler.

Click, drag and drop. My MSN is the simple way to design your homepage. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200364ave/direct/01/

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html