Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Unsecure file permission of ZoneAlarm pro.

From: bipin gautam <visitbipin () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 06:27:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Friday 20 August 2004 12:40, John LaCour wrote:
There is absolutely no security issue here.

ZoneAlarm does not rely on file permissions to
protect
any configuration files.   Configuration files are
protected
by our TrueVector(r) driver in the kernel.

Which is, of course, completely utterly infallible
so any additional means are
not only unneccessary, but even unwanted.

In my part of globe, 90% of dialup users just turn on
zone alarm pro. JUST before connecting to the
internet... cauz its too annoying cauz zap pop's up
with bla...bla...bla quit often and use resources
etc...

bipin