Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [OT] Re: lame bitching about xpsp2

From: KF_lists <kf_lists () secnetops com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 16:51:04 -0500

> Apparently that 30 seconds did not include reading the page you linked to.

Sure it did. I read it just fine... I believe you are the one that missed the paragraph stating:

"Currently, all Dell N-Series Precision Workstation desktops are available and supported with Red Hat Linux."

You are correct though that it is NOT supported on "Desktops" and "Laptops" .

Its not my fault the dell site it not overly clear. So bottom line... we are both right, and of course Barry's point is made even more clear.

/me pees everywhere to begin the match.

http://news.com.com/2100-1001-949671.html?tag=fd_top
-KF

From said page:

Dell does not officially support running Linux on Dell laptops.
However, there are many great "community-supported" resources
available to help you get Linux running.

And:

Dell does not officially support running Linux on Dell desktops.
Although, as there are relatively fewer gotchas associated with Linux
running on desktops as compared to laptops, installing Linux should be
a fairly straight-forward task.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html