Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: WEP utilities

From: "Konstantin V. Gavrilenko" <mlists () arhont com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 16:06:55 +0100

Simmons, Thomas wrote:
I am trying to find a WEP utility for Intrusion detection & Network probing. I currently do not have Linux deployed or a competent enough grasp of Linux to use tool in Linux. What I am looking for is any tools that will do WEP decryption as well as Packet sniffing on WLAN. I need this utility to work under Windows (any version) Does anyone know of a utility that meets this criteria.

Thanks,

Thomas Simmons

Server Support

There are attempts to port airsnort onto the windoze platform
http://airsnort.shmoo.com/
Joshua has also released a windoze version of his As-leap, if you are into cisco leap cracking.

Apart from that, there are several commercial tools that can partially do the stuff you are enquiring about.

If you find Linux too difficult to use, why not give Mac a try? ;) Kismac is pretty good and has a nice and fluffy GUI too.

--
Respectfully,
Konstantin V. Gavrilenko

Arhont Ltd - Information Security