Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: waa waa (was Finally the truth slips out)

From: Barry Fitzgerald <bkfsec () sdf lonestar org>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 09:41:21 -0400

Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 15:39:45 CDT, John Creegan <jcreegan () questarweb com>  said:

I thought this list was originally meant to focus primarily on "computer
hardware/software" types of security issues.  Malware, discovered exploitables,
etc

OK, you need a tie-in to computers?  Go read up on CALEA and friends, and
remember that just because the Clipper chip got shot down doesn't mean they
won't try again....

I guess if that's the case (limiting this list to exploits and such), we should then ban talking about social engineering from the list. And everyone knows that that has *nothing* to do with security! :) (note the sarcasm)

         -Barry

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html