Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Questions Regarding PINE Integer Overflow

From: "dragoneyes yep." <dragon_eyes1492 () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:08:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all. I have looked at the related code in PINEs
source tree, and I am wondering about a few things
relating to the PINE integer overflow. First, the
signed integer n is supposed to be user controlled,
but I am not completely sure yet how a user contorls
the value of this variable. Also, it appears that
exploit code would need to be placed in a MIME header
(RFC 2231), yet I am unsure of how to go about
constructing a fake header.
I would be most appreactive to anyone who can help me
with these issues or can offer any additional
information about the bug itself. I am a novice and I
have not been exploiting very long, so assistance
would be most helpful.

Cheers