Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Symantec wants to criminalize security info sharing

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:17:59 -0700

Richard M. Smith wrote:
"But perhaps the most controversial suggestion came from John Schwarz, president and COO of antivirus firm Symantec, who called for legislation to criminalize the sharing of information and tools online that can be used by malicious hackers and virus writers."

If you were trying to give him the benefit of the doubt (that the quote is out of context or incomplete), one could read that as he's suggesting they outlaw virus creation kits.

Of course, I don't trust my government to write a law in that area properly, slippery slope, etc... so please carry on with the discussion.

                                        BB

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html