Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: MS Blaster author / morning_wood misinformed

From: "Jennifer Bradley" <jenbradley () webmail co za>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 08:00:32 +0200

From: yossarian <yossarian () planet nl>
[snip]

Furthermore, if you don't lock your car, and sometime the
pohlice checks, you'll be fined. I think that is absolutely
correct, since you are wasting law enforcements time and
taxpayers money, if you make it too tempting. Kind of
biblical, don't lead someone into temptation. But hey, where a
calvinistic country, just look at our PM's face....

Actually, this isn't true, at least in the US. If you own a
convertible, insurance companies require you to keep your doors
unlocked, otherwise they will not cover the costs of repairing a
ripped-open convertible soft-top.  To think that the police would fine
you if your car was unlocked is kinda ridiculous, for exactly the same
case as what do you do with a convertible?  Or a Jeep, where you can
even take the doors off?

jb
Cool Connection, Cool Price, Internet Access for R59 monthly @ WebMail
http://www.webmail.co.za/dialup/