Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Bill Gates blames the victim (LONG)

From: Jose Celestino <japc () co sapo pt>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 12:39:30 +0100

Words by Bill Borton [Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 05:38:53PM -0500]:
At 11:02 AM 9/3/03 -0500, Robert Ahnemann wrote:

Let's relate this to real life (flame that line if you want).  Your car
has a defect that causes the oil pan to leak.  Ford (I drive one, I can
talk) issues a recall saying they know about the leak and are offering
you a free fix, if you would just take the time to take the car to the
shop.  You decide that you know better and that you would rather not
invest the time.  You engine is lying on the ground three weeks later.
Whose fault is it?  They told you it was a problem.  You neglected to
address it.  I can tell you who will be paying for the engine.   Today's
society is about dissolving accountability.  I'm all for changing this
around.

Ooh! I love the car/OS analogies!  (Hmm... or are they metaphores?)

No. They're analogies.

--
Jose Celestino | http://xpto.org/~japc/files/japc-pgpkey.asc
"Lately, the only thing keeping me from becoming a serial killer is

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html