Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Rootkit

From: David Hane <dlhane () sbcglobal net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:57:14 -0700

Hi all,

I recently had a machine get hacked before I could finish installing all the
damn remote-root exploit patches that have been released in the last week.
I've done the forensics and I know how they got in and what they did but I
would like to know what rootkit they used.

Can anyone recommend a good scanner or info site where I can compare some of
the binaries I saved (the machine has been wiped)?

Also, am I the only one who is totally exhausted from trying to keep up with
the last couple of week's patch frenzy? I would have had my last server
patched before the attack but things like, sleep, food, and bathroom time got
in the way :-)

Thanks for the help,

Dave

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.