Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Swen Really Sucks

From: Nick Price <webmaster () q-cat com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:54:35 -0500

An odd thing I just realized:  I have yet to recieve one swen e-mail!

I've been decompiling a binary I got a friend on irc to DCC to me (sorry, not sure which variant) and hopefully after I'm done we'll know more.

Jonathan A. Zdziarski wrote:

So, Swen/Gibe.F uses NNTP to scrape newsgoogleroups (a.k.a. usegooglenet,
formerly known as usenet newsgroups) for new e-mail addresses to which to spam
copies of itself.

A little useful bit of information stored in the nether regions of my
brain: as far as I understand it, http://www.usenetserver.com is
actually one of Google's primary newsfeeds for their website (if not THE
primary news feed).  They push gigs and gigs and gigs a day.  If this is
the case, then (thank goodness) Google is more of a recipient than a
provider of newsfeeds.

They got good monthly pricing on client connections too =)

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

.