Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Erm, Excuse Me, Honeynet....

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 01:08:06 -0400

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 21:57:02 PDT, Jeremiah Cornelius said:
On Tuesday 23 September 2003 15:12, Vinadvertentlyks () vt edu wrote:
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 13:15:05 PDT, Jeremiah Cornelius said:
Sounds like a case for DMCA violation to me...
And the copy-protection technology that was circumvented was what, exactly?
Sorry.  The subtle <smirk> tags were inadvertantly left from my message...

Oh darn.  I was *so* hoping that the original file was in a password-protected
.ZIP file or something - even ROT13 would have been enough, as Skylarov found
out.

If there HAD been a DMCA issue, the lawyers would get rich, and the bystanders
would be well entertained. It would have been interesting seeing how a John Doe
plaintiff quantified damages in a copyright suit... ;)