Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: New Microsoft security bulletins today

From: Cael Abal <lists () onryou com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 08:48:06 -0400

This tool is not bad for some *basic* monitoring: http://www.pdxconsulting.com/sus/

/paranoia mode off
Grab your SUS log files and parse them through that web site... /paranoia mode returned to normal

That's what I've been using..... It works well to see that all seems to be working as expected. I was going to setup another tool that sends the log data in to a SQL server so you can have all the data in one place and work with it. (I have 2 SUS boxes so 2 sets of logs.)

Try this: http://www.susserver.com/Software/SUSreporting/

I'm dissatisfied with both. With the first one, you're sending your logs out for remote processing -- that's just silly. The second requires all sorts of fiddling around with sql / iis which doesn't seem like it's worth the effort.

I've been meaning to throw together something more streamlined (and with fewer prereqs) for a while now -- I guess it's time.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html