Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: OT: An odd question that has arrisen within my household

From: Nate Hill <vugdeox () freeshell org>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:59:15 -0500

On Mon October 13 2003 09:25, security snot wrote:
Anyone who works on the OpenBSD project (except those many
developers who only sign up to add subtle backdoors to the code as
a joke) is a scriptkiddie.  Anyone who buys into the hype that
OpenBSD is proactively secure is a scriptkiddie (unless their
perspective on proactive security is fixing various bugs they
introduce when someone else points them out).

No remote root access on install: No users, no root login.
How secure.

You know, as an added precaution, you could also unplug it without
losing any functionality.

Let me demonstrate the proactive security practices of the OpenBSD
team at it's finest.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-misc&m=106523413529618&w=2

Must I spell it out for you?  Proactively secure!

Scriptkids are individuals who involve themselves in the facade of
computer security, who don't have any technical background or
skills in the area.  People who buy into the hype of the
buzzword-of-the-day security tools fall into this category.  People
who develop these tools and believe their merit are also
scriptkids.

OpenBSD, the proactively scriptkid friendly operating system.

"We know our target audience and their needs."
      -Theo

"Whitehat by day, booger at night - I'm the security snot."
- CISSP / CCNA / A+ Certified - www.unixclan.net/~booger/ -

Fucking suitkiddies.