Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Allchin bug p-o-c.

From: "Dave Korn" <davek_throwaway () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 20:59:30 +0000

----- Original Message -----
From: <Andrew.Berges () everestre com>
To: <full-disclosure () lists netsys com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 6:28 PM
Subject: RE: [Full-disclosure] Allchin bug p-o-c.

So how large of an impact are we looking at here for the average networked
environment?  I don't see this service running on any of our servers here,
although the exe is most definitely there ... is this a subprocess that gets
spawned as necessary to allow applications to communicate with the OS?

Pardon my ignorance.

Regards,

Andrew Berges - Associate Manager, Systems
Everest Global Services

To be honest, I don't think it's a very serious issue. MSMQ isn't terribly widely deployed, the bug has already been fixed for at least one SP, and it seems easy to filter at the border. AFAIR MSMQ isn't installed by default on w2k, not even server versions, so it's something that only people who have deliberately configured it into their systems will have running.

     DaveK

Tired of 56k? Get a FREE BT Broadband connection http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/btbroadband

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html