Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Half-Life 2 source code stolen through IE exploit

From: starwars <nobody () tatooine homelinux net>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 23:57:10 +0200 (CEST)

At 01:31 PM 10/6/03 -0500, Schmehl, Paul L wrote:
So this is a *clear cut* case where Microsoft is completely at
fault and
the admins are completely innocent (other than the side issues
of
whether or not they should have development servers on the
Internet or
not and whether or not they should use Microsoft products at
all.)

        Perhaps you could post proof that the 03-040 problem was what
really affected Valve. I have yet to see any details, but a lot
of speculation. Even Newell was speculating: "Our speculation is
that these were done via a buffer overflow in Outlook's preview
pane."
        Um...how many Outlook vulnerabilities have there been? Does
Newell know the difference been Outlook and Outlook Express?
        "My computur isn't working right...it must be a virus."
        "I was stupid and double-clicked, maybe I can blame it on the
last MS problem and nobody will ask for the details."

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html