Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Cafelog WordPress / b2 SQL injection vulnerabilities discovered and fixed in CVS

From: Michael Renzmann <security () dylanic de>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 10:40:17 +0200

Hi.

Seth Woolley wrote:
Disclaimer:
I (Seth) am not a php expert, and I don't run this code, so I haven't
tested the vendor-provided patch yet, although I assume the vendor has.
Be advised.

I tested the patch against the current release version of wordpress (v0.71). Although I couldn't notice any harm with the provided example for the blog I run with this wordpress version, I applied the patch and couldn't see any negative impact.

Actually, chances are good that I don't make use of the part of Wordpress that would have been compromised by the provided exploit example. If anyone could provide another working (and non-destructive ;)) exploit I'd be willing to test it against both, the release version any "my" patched version, in order to verify that the provided patch works for 0.71. Or let me know which feature needs to be turned on in order to test the effect of the exploit (please be patient with me, I'm a Wordpress newbie ;)).

Bye, Mike

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html