Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: No Subject (re: openssh exploit code?)

From: "Robert Ahnemann" <rahnemann () affinity-mortgage com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:27:11 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Blue Boar [mailto:BlueBoar () thievco com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 2:19 PM
To: mitch_hurrison () ziplip com
Cc: jasonc () science org; full-disclosure () lists netsys com
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] No Subject (re: openssh exploit code?)

mitch_hurrison () ziplip com wrote:
My main point being there is simply no
need for the disclosure of exploits.

English is a funny language.  Based on the rest of your note, I assume
by "no need", you mean that there's no one forcing you to release your
exploits, and you see no moral imperitive that says you should, yes?
Or
do you also mean to say that there is "no need" on the part of others,
by which I mean that you don't believe that other people can put
exploits to legal, productive uses?

Which makes an even better point:  if there is 'no need' to disclose
exploits, what are you doing on a full disclosure list in the first
place?

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html