Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Re: Prudent default security

From: "Michael Smith" <mike () sane com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 09:00:30 -0400

Steve, it would be a very boring mailing list if only the people who know
everything (Paul, apparently) posted to it.

I'm expecting that bulk admin tools for windows systems will mature greatly
over the next year or so.  Hopefully MS will continue to work on the path
they have set rather than reinventing the wheel and making all current
system and network administration policies and tools obsolete.

Sigh, you are right.
On the one hand, as a Linux geek from way back,
I have a small sense of pride in my lack of MS knowledge.
But I use MS; XP is a great desktop, Outlook is a great
mail client (I also use a Linux desktop and kmail is a great
mail client).

So, on the other hand, I know that there are a lot of
*nix people out there who endlessly bash MS without
any knowledge of that which they curse. I don't want to
be one of those.

When the ignorant ask honest questions, don't
get abusive, just answer them... Please?

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html