Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: openssh exploit code?

From: "S . f . Stover" <attica () stackheap org>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 02:23:29 -0400

Well, this thread didn't quite go like I had planned.  ;-)

I did have someone
contact me off-list and say that he had a vulnerable sshd server that was
owned - he wasn't certain that it was this exploit, but he thought it was (not
sure why - he didn't say).  I'm working on getting the trace for analysis -
will post if I get it (and it's OK w/ the source).

So it seems to me (ranting aside), that it MIGHT be exploitable, and there
MIGHT be code out there to do it, but my issue remains:  until I see source,
or poc I won't know for sure.

Does anyone who knows for sure feel like contributing?

--

aka Dolph Longhorn
attica () stackheap org

"There is no such thing as right and wrong, there's just popular opinion."
-Jeffrey Goines