Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Any news on basesrv.dll issue with latest MS patches?

From: "Doug Lhotka" <bugtraq () arcanasystems com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:22:56 -0600

Any more information on the issue below?  We've been unable to replicate it
(Win2K and WinXP).

-- snip --

Yes, I got the same.  Somethings I found though:

It's complaining about "basesrv" a dynamicly linked library.  I rebooted
into Linux and ran some finds and found 3 files:

WINNT/$NtUninstallKB824141$/basesrv.dll
WINNT/ServicePackFiles/i386/basesrv.dll
WINNT/system32/dllcache/BASESRV.DLL

the one in system32/dllcache is dated Aug5, the other two are dated June
19th.  As soon as I finish backing up a couple critical files I'm going to
use the recovery console to copy the $NTUninstall version back to
system32/dllcache and see if that helps.

-- snip --

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html