Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: lots and lots and lots of swen?

From: "I.R.van Dongen" <vdongen () hetisw nl>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:43:34 +0100

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 16:34:09 -0800
Corey Hickey <bugfood-ml () fatooh org> wrote:

I'm just curious, has anybody else noticed a marked increase in the
amount of swen mailings received? When swen first appeared, I got
about 4 or 5 of them each day for about a week, then they tapered off
to about once a week. ...until the last 60 hours, during which time I
have receieved no less than 94 mails.

Not really, they keep going on and on and on ...

The only slightly-irregular thing I'd done with this address before
the swen flooding was a post to the debian-user mailing list (about 3
hours before the deluge), but I don't really know if that relates
because I've posted on debian-user several times over the past couple
months without this happening.

The debian mailinglists get posted to usenet, swen harvests mostly from
usenet, so if you post to the mailinglist you get found by Swen.

The Swen I get is send to this address and my special usenet-address
mostly (99%)

Greetings,

Ivo van Dongen

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.