Full Disclosure mailing list archives

windowsupdate.microsoft.com limits on how many times a computer can access it

From: Irwan Hadi <irwanhadi () phxby com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 19:13:06 -0700

I just got an incident where everytime I try to access
windowsupdate.microsoft.com, I keep getting this error:
http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&clcid=0x0409&pver=6.0&ar=ienews&os=N6
Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try
again later.

Well, I used to be able to access windowsupdate.microsoft.com a couple
hours ago with this computer, but after visiting it again and again for
around 7 times, now I can't access it anymore.

It seems that the windowsupdate.microsoft.com server now limits on how
many times a computer can access it, because when I tried by using
a different computer with different IP address, it worked just fine.

Anyway, below is the IP address of windowsupdate.microsoft.com from my
place (remember that windowsupdate now uses Akamai)
phxby@phxby:~> host windowsupdate.microsoft.com
windowsupdate.microsoft.com is an alias for
windowsupdate.microsoft.nsatc.net.
windowsupdate.microsoft.nsatc.net has address 207.46.134.92
windowsupdate.microsoft.nsatc.net has address 207.46.249.56
phxby@phxby:~>

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html