Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Download.trojan appdl[1].exe

From: "Alan Kloster" <akloster () spp org>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:53:07 -0600

We have seen several infections caught by Symantec this morning as
download.trojan which appears to be a generic catch-all Symantec is
using for a wide variety of trojans that attempt to download files.  The
virus alert triggered the first time they opened IE this morning.  The
files that it identified as trojans were appdl.exe, appdl[1].exe and
sleep.exe.  The sleep.exe could have been a legit windows file, but it
shouldn't have been on the one of three PC's were a full scan was run.
I have searched Google and other sites for appdl.exe and appdl[1].exe
but the searches return nothing.  Does anyone have any info on this?
Thanks.

Alan Kloster

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html