Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: SSH Exploit Request

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:44:26 -0800

Robert Davies wrote:
I am failing to see the logic in some of these issues here...

A service is flawed in one way or another, patch it! If the vendor says the
service is broke in some way, believe them, get off your lazy ass and get
patching. If you are the admin, do your job and quit whining!

Carefully read the subtext in his note. He would like an exploit if possible (or at least that's his claim) so that he can prove to someone else that yes, it DOES need to be patched, right now. I.e. he's got a boss with pointy hair that isn't cooperating.

You don't have to believe his story. Having dealt with many bosses (my own, or someone else's) exactly like that, I'm willing to entertain his story.

Calling the admin who wants to apply the patch, but isn't allowed to without jumping through hoops, lazy or stupid doesn't help anyone.

                                        BB

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html