Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Windows 2000 Logout events are not monitored!

From: "Bill Royds" <full-disclosure () royds net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:44:21 -0500

The logout even is event number 540 in security log. All the Win2K I manage
have these entries for every logout. Check your security policy to ensure
that you are recording them.
There are in Local Security Policy MMS under Local Policies/Audit
Events/{Audit account logon events,Audit logon events}. YOu want both
success and failure to caputre a successful logoff.