Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Harddisk-Problems

From: IndianZ <indianz () indianz ch>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 18:45:39 +0100

Hi all

Well - there's some days ago, when in one of our offices a problem arrived.
In 2 days 4 computers (not same hardware-series, manufacturer or sizes)
crashed with following symptoms (could not be booted anymore):

Disc I/O error: Status = 00000001; Hardwareprofile could not be started...
WINNT/System32/Config/System missing or damaged. WINNT-CD requested
to repair.

Does this really mean hardware-failure? Can this happen when synchronising
the windows domain-profile on logoff? Could this be a virus or some kind
of a hacker attack? Does anybody know from such happenings?

Thanx for help,
GreetZ from IndianZ

mailto:indianz () indianz ch
http://www.indianz.ch