Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Gates: 'You don't need perfect code' for good security

From: George Capehart <capegeo () opengroup org>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 17:59:51 -0500

On Sunday 02 November 2003 07:01 pm, Geoincidents wrote:

<snip>

I don't see it that way. I think that as a function to run network
backups windows has one of the more secure ways to make connections
between machines. I think MS needs to stop claiming this isn't
feature for the internet and realize that there is no difference
between the internet and the internal network, both require security
unless you somehow don't think the payroll system requires security..

Apparently the folks at Microsoft aren't there yet . . . would *you* be
willing to expose a stored procedure in a SQL Server database as a Web
service?  See http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/61/33718.html.  The
inmates are running the loony bin . . .

/g
--
George Capehart

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."  -- RFC 1925

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html