Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Fw: A question for the list...

From: "Ed Carp" <erc () pobox com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 17:26:13 -0500

as to any "privcy", it is my mail, and I will damn will do with it as I
please. If any one else would like their personal mails posted,

Actually, depending on where you live, you may be very wrong.  In most
places, email (like everything else) is the property of the original author
(who holds the copyright).  Just because you are sent an email message
doesn't confer any sort of special rights - just because you download a web
page that is publicly accessible, does that give you the right to do with it
as you please?  Of course not.

In short, it is *not* "your" email, it is the sender's email, and if he
wants to sue your silly twit ass for distributing it without his permission,
he is perfectly free to do so - in at least a dozen countries that I can
think of, this *is* the law.

Better check the law before shooting your mouth off about things which you
might not be fully informed.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html