Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Administrivia: Politics and Netiquette

From: Len Rose <len () netsys com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 10:05:03 -0400

Please refrain from posting (or answering) political rants
as they have very little to do with the full disclosure
mission. There are many other lists that are better suited
for political diatribe.

Please do (re-) read the sections of the charter under
"Acceptable Content" where it refers to political discussions,
as well as the section "Posting Guidelines" where it also
refers to something known as "netiquette".

See http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

I am sure I speak for many of us when I point out that
(as an example) quoting huge amounts of text to make your witty
one line reply is usually viewed with less than favorable
opinion.

Please do refer to the below urls if you are not sure what we mean
by "netiquette". If you can take an extra 2 minutes to edit your
message, it will improve the overall lucidity of your contribution.

http://www.netsys.com/rfc/rfc1855.txt
http://www.fau.edu/netiquette/net/dis.html

I am also sure I speak for many of us when I point out that the
list isn't a conversation forum and if you feel the need to send
someone an encouraging (or disparaging) message please don't
share it with the list as a whole.

Given the number of subscribers we now have we will simply moderate
people who don't adhere to the charter as evidenced earlier things
quickly get out of control.

Thanks for your continued contributions and cooperation!

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html