Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: CORE-2003-0403: Axis Network Camera HTTP Authentication Bypass

From: "Brent J. Nordquist" <b-nordquist () bethel edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 15:36:52 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Kee Hinckley <nazgul () somewhere com> wrote:

you turn on the function without configuring the addresses, older
cameras will default to sending email to mail () somewhere com "from"
olga () somewhere com.  We get on the order of ten to fifteen thousand
of these every day.

LOL, oops.  Someone pointed out to me a while back that RFC 2606 reserves
"example.com" "example.org" and "example.net" for this kind of purpose.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <b-nordquist () bethel edu> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://kepler.acns.bethel.edu/~bjn/contact.html

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html