Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: morning_wood should stop posting xss vulns insites and fix his own site.

From: "mattmurphy () kc rr com" <mattmurphy () kc rr com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 00:07:42 -0400

my site is my site, why are you telling me to "fix" it? I knew it's 404
has xss before any of you did.
Whats the big deal what my site has or hasnt... hmm? If you dont like my
stuff, dont read it,
my name is on every one of my posts.. every hear of filter? I dont read
several advisories here based on title alone.. am i missing out? mby, mby
not.. are you? XSS is a seecurity issue plain and simple, and "my site"
can have or have not whatever i please, i suggest not visiting then, >hell
.. why are you even bothering to visit if you dont like..

Donnie, the point is that if you complain, don't make the same mistake.
You're a hypocrite to call XSS a security issue, and then (knowingly) make
the same error.  It's not that hard to write a simple fix to filter your
input.  Basic JavaScript, Donnie, basic JavaScript.  If XSS is a security
issue, and the entire thesis of your so-called security list is that
security issues should be dealt with, instead of hidden -- as has been your
complaint before -- then you should leave that list now.  Knowingly
introducing vulnerabilities, and then not fixing them when several people
(myself included) have noted it to you.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html