Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Does your IE6 crash with these "URLs"?

From: "Nick Jacobsen" <nick () ethicsdesign com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:06:31 -0700

Odd...  it DOES crash on mine...
Windows 2000 SP4
IE 6.0.2800.1106, SP1, all updates

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Martin
        Sent: Thu 7/17/2003 8:57 AM
        To: full-disclosure () lists netsys com
        Subject: [Full-Disclosure] Does your IE6 crash with these
"URLs"?

        Hi,

        I have a question. I would like to know, if you can also crash
        IE6, when typing the following "URL":

        ftp*://?

        I have also tried from HTML like this:

        <script language="JavaScript">
        window.open(" ftp://ftp*://?";);
        </script>

        I could crash IE about a year ago with the first "URL" above
        and I've sent already various crash reports to Microsoft a
        long time ago. There was no reaction.

        That's why I just want to ask if someone can check this for me.
        Maybe only my 3 PCs are weird.

        Thanks,
        Martin

        Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.