Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Networking security problem?

From: Ron DuFresne <dufresne () winternet com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 11:25:10 -0500 (CDT)

Though, if we are reading the issue correctly, there is a problem with the
firewall not being restrictive enough for access to the machine in
question.  that *is* an issue, and seems to be one that their security
policy is not functioning to address properly.  Afterall, they regard the
info on this system to be sensitive enough that [physical access be
restricted, but, since the machine does not require direct physical access
to touch in their environment, then they have gaps in their policy.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne