Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: The incredible gayness of antivirus-vendors and their products (in this case, NAV corp. ed.)

From: "morning_wood" <se_cur_ity () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 07:24:17 -0700

The obvious retardedness of labelling my damn generic exploit as
being a virus aside, it strikes me as 'funny' that I am still
available > The same sort of bullshit as above except "Virus name:
FreeBSD.Rootkit".
Uh, that's incorrect to say the least - this is no rootkit.

Antivirus-software is protection for people against yesterdays
threats.
Antivirus-software is protection for moronic users against
themselves.
Antivirus-software is crap. I say we kill the users and be done with
it.

This is one of the major reasons I do not use AV on
 any of my 4 internet connected  system in my home network.

morning_wood
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html