Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Symantec Change Posting Criteria (was Re: Administrivia)

From: Adam Shostack <adam () homeport org>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 20:57:20 -0400

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 03:51:42PM -0400, Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr wrote:
| This isn't full-disclosure, the last time I checked. To the best of
| my knowledge, pen-test is a moderated list. Surely the moderator is
| capable of noting the difference between "Your product sukz0rs" and
| "The product proved unable to stand up to traffic above 100Mhz" - and
| of passing the appropriate posting through, whether it has "John Doe"
| or "thunderfallingdown" attached to it as a moniker.

I believe that the more involved list moderation is, the more
liability the company make take on.  If the moderation is spam
filtering, then the company might still be a common carrier.  As soon
as you lose that content neutrality, your moderation becomes active
editing, and you take on new responsibilities.  IANAL.

That said, I wish that Al wouldn't take the view he's taken on obvious
versus non-obvious pseudonyms.

Adam

--
                                                       -Hume