Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Right-wing computer virus

From: "Richard M. Smith" <rms () computerbytesman com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 11:28:19 -0400

Hi Paul,

Yep, if Mr. Snot isn't interested in viruses, I suggest that he skip
Full Disclosure messages that deal with them.  The Full Security list
covers a lot of terrority.  I probably delete 80% of the messages from
the list because the subject lines don't interest me.  Computer viruses
are certainly on-topic for this list, but clearly not everyone on the
list cares about them.

FWIW,  Two AV companies asked for a sample of the executable file after
my message went out to the Full Disclosure list.  One of the companies
was unable to ID the executable, so it might be something new.  It also
didn't seem to match the M.O. of the 500 or so email worm messages that
I have in my archives.

Richard