Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: DCOM RPC exploit (dcom.c)

From: Robert Wesley McGrew <rwm8 () CSE MsState EDU>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:40:17 -0500 (CDT)

To answer my own question, I just noticed this on the metasploit site :

"Update: A return address has been identified for both Windows 2000 and
Windows XP that works independent of the service pack. This information
can be easily obtained by analyzing the DLL's that are loaded by the
svchost.exe process"