Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: DCOM RPC exploit failed

From: Christopher Kunz <chrislist () de-punkt de>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:35:13 +0200

Thiago Campos wrote:

> Hi
>
> With the Portuguese version of Windows XP using the offset from Windows XP SP1 english something different occurs. A window with a 30 seconds countdown and these senteces appears:
>
> "You are not a valid administrator. Your computer will be powered off"

Similar DoS on a german XP SP1 here. "The computer must be shut down because the RPC service failed unexpectedly" or something. No bindshell either.

--ck

PS: bwah. I should start beating my Mozilla with a large club. Sorry Thiago for PMing you.

--
php development | hosting |  housing | professional game server hosting
http://www.de-punkt.de   [ chris () de-punkt de ]    http://www.stormix.de

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html