Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Fw: Full Disclosure != Exploit Release - No disclosure No Fix

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:48:45 -0800

yossarian wrote:
Why do I get the feeling that we are running around in circles on these
lists? Discussion just don't get settled, and the more experienced people
get tired, and just lurk or leave.

Because we are going in circles. Much of the full disclosure debate is based on opinions, assumptions, or gut feeling. It's an incredibly complex topic, and we don't have near enough information to "prove" anyone's position. It comes up all the time because something happens that seems to lend weight to someone's side, or because some new form of pain occurs that makes people question whether it's worth it.

I don't mind participating in an intelligent debate on it from time to time, but don't expect anything to really be resolved. The kinds of studies that need to be done in this area are few and far between, and usually are to small in scope, due to lack of resources.

                                        BB

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html