Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: David Litchfield talks about the SQL Worm in the Washington Post

From: "Geo" <geoincidents () getinfo org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 13:16:04 -0500

   http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A57550-2003Jan28.html

   "You have this ideal vision of doing something
   for the greater good," said David Litchfield,
   managing director of Next Generation Security
   Software Ltd. of London, who acknowledged that
   a small bit of his code might have been used in
   the attack. "I will probably no longer publish such code."
<<

Hmm.. Didn't the worm use some of Microsoft's code that was watching port
1434? Perhaps we could get the MS programmer who wrote that to quit
publishing his code as well?

Geo.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html