Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: BlueBoar - 'Evil' Vendors Strike Back

From: <security () updegrove net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 13:24:53 -0800 (PST)

"Dehner, Benjamin T." <Btd () valmont com> writes:

This seems to be equivalent to saying the policemen are the cause of
evil in our society.  If everyone was a law-abiding citizen, they
would be out of business, so they actually encourage crime.

Florian Weimer <Weimer () CERT Uni-Stuttgart DE> writes:

Law enforcement is not a business.  Many parts of computer security are,
and I too think that's part of the problem.

law enforcement, especially the war on drugs and now the war on terror,
most definitely is a business.

There are $749.1 million in the FY03 Homeland Security Budget Request.

http://www.state.gov/secretary/rm/2002/9876.htm

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html