Full Disclosure mailing list archives

AW: GROUP CONSIDERING SUIT AGAINST MICROSOFT OV ER SLAMMER VIRUS

From: vogt () hansenet com
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 10:57:09 +0100

While I'm in favor of holding manufactures responsible, did
they not issue a
recall and a solution?  While I'm on the subject, is any1
else annoyed with
RH 8.0?

Actually, the point of this korean group is that NO effective
recall was made, and no acceptable solution offered. When
you make cars that blow up spontaneously, posting "oops" and
"please don't turn right with our model ABC" to your website
may not be enough.

I'm not a windows user, so I can't tell who is right, but if
you call someone a troll, at least try to know what you're
talking about first.

These guys do seem to have a point, and a kind of "minimum
requirements" for how and when to offer security updates may
not be the worst thing to happen.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html