Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: GROUP CONSIDERING SUIT AGAINST MICROSOFT OVER SLAMMER VIRUS

From: Juraj Bednar <juraj () bednar sk>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 03:06:27 +0100

hello,

While I'm on the subject, is any1 else annoyed with RH 8.0?

Annoyed by what?  I'm running Phoebe (the 8.091 beta version).

he meant, that setting the liability precedent is quite important thing.
if someone sues microsoft over security flaw and wins (even in korea),
anyone can sue *insert your favourite os vendor name here* and win too.

every software has bugs, making vendors liable is not a trivial thing.
making vendors liable for not providing security fixes in timely manner
is another thing (and maybe better).

it's interesting in any case...

     Juraj.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.