Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: east coast powergrid / SCADA [OT?]

From: KF <dotslash () snosoft com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 21:19:30 -0400

gml wrote:

Are you saying that Open Source software can save us from power grid
"cascading failure"?

by no means at all... it would however be kinda interesting if blaster was the cause . I was only saying blaster info has my box stuffed 3 times full and wanna
hear about something else. The intent was to have a good conversation like
ALudwig () Calfingroup com has tryed to begin. =]

Heh, I sure hope they weren't running any GNU software On anything important.
yeah I would assume backdoors of any sort in SCADA based systems would
be something one would want to pay attention to... be it GNU or M$.

Actually I heard that it was a lightning strike in
Canada that hit a transformer and overloaded the grid causing the others to
Break and that's the problem.  Maybe it's really Canada aboot to start a war
eh?

Quite possible... the city that the plant supposedly hit said "what fire... what lightning?"

=]

-KF