Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: JAP back doored

From: Goncalo Costa <goncalo.costa () kpnqwest pt>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 18:17:21 +0100

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:25:51 PDT, Drew Copley said:
Carnivore is supposed to only tap suspects, not everyone.

Carnivore captures on the addresses and subject lines of emails, not even
the content.

I've been reading all your emails without even replying, and I really have
to ask: do you really trust your government and its agencies blindly as you
seem to ? AFAIK those are only people like everyone else.

I remember your comments on the "German government" and :
- ever heard about Echelon ?
- ever heard about Lotus Notes NSA backdoor key ?
- ever heard about eavesdropping bases around the world in other countries ?
- ever heard about FBI actions against Martin Luther King ?
- ever heard about ... ?

The list could go on indefinitely.

The world is made of people and people are the same everywhere.
Time and place don't seem to make a great difference.
Being naive and keeping your eyes shut doesn't help either.

I would also suggest a daily reading at http://cryptome.org/

Regards
Goncalo

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.