Full Disclosure mailing list archives

openssl exploit code (e-secure-it owned)

From: andrew () generator co za (Andrew Thomas)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 23:14:45 +0200

Comments inline...

----- Original Message -----
From: "hellNbak" <hellnbak () nmrc org>
To: "Andrew Thomas" <andrew () generator co za>
Cc: "Erik Parker" <eparker () mindsec com>; "Arjen De Landgraaf"
<arjen.de.landgraaf () cologic co nz>; <full-disclosure () lists netsys com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 5:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] openssl exploit code (e-secure-it owned)

Or maybe you'd be willing to pay for another admin to work half-day to
keep
up with the lists. Again, I wouldn't. I'd rather split the costs with
Some companies do exactly this.  It depends on your organization size and
security budget.  If the "service" is going to cost you an arm and a leg
to implement and use is it not worth it to hire a junior security resource
instead?
Definitely. Agreed on all costs. My example being from an historical
situation that I found myself in, with a bit of poetic licence to make the
point of the devils advocate.

Or what am I missing here?

There are free alternatives to giving these guys your money.
I definitely missed that :)

Would you care to give me pointers to these services?

Regards,
  Andrew