Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: RE: [PHC] Sermon #2: Security Industry

From: "Schmehl, Paul L" <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:44:26 -0600

OK, I'll play along with this stupidity.  I am neither a black hat or a
white hat or any other hat.  I'm simply a guy who is trying to keep our
network usable and prevent viruses, worms, trojans and hack attacks from
stealing our resources.  I have no allegiance to any security company or
any particular security philosophy, other than I don't think it's right
that people outside our network steal our resources.

As a self-confessed black hat, in your ideal world, how would you help
me stay secure and prevent all the attacks that bludgeon my network?
This is a legitimate question, and I would appreciate a legitimate
answer, rather than the usual blather that has dominated this list.  And
I'm not hiding my name either.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
TCS Department Coordinator
The University of Texas at Dallas