Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: A WiFi security tool I would like to see developed

From: matt merhar <merharm () wra net>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 22:31:48 -0500

Hey RMS,
Great idea, but I think it's already been in the works in the latest
version of Dug Song's infamous dsniff. I really hope that he fixes the
several remote exploits that exist in this acclaimed pen-testing tool,
though.

Here are some recent #monkey logs I've acquired that highlight the
features that I'm discussing.
*** #monkey Session Start (11/24/02) ***
<dr``> Hey Doug. How's it going? I'm working on my HoneyNet project, and
I'd like to implement a WiFi security tool. I think it'd be splendid if
we could somehow alert these ScriptKiddie BlackHats as to how insecure
it is for them to use our HoneyPots send Unsolicited Commercial E-Mail
(Better known as spam).
<dugsong> Excellent notion! In my homeland of Asia, it is considered
good KARMA to help people in times of need. Peradventure I shall add
such a feature in my next version of dsniff?
<dr``> Superb. Maybe you can give me credit for the idea? I think it'd
be delightful if we made it email everyone involved in this BlackHat
SPAM attack, including the Sender, the Receiver, and even those to which
a Carbon-Copy will be sent!
<dugsong> What's this bullshit I hear about ScriptKiddies being able to
gain root access to the VMWare Host Machines by exploiting flaws in the
x86 architecture?
<dr``> Rubbish! I've got Lance Spitzner on my side. I'm sure he's
audited the source code very well. What's this I hear about dsniff being
remotely exploitable in several places throughout the CodeBase?
<dugsong> Hmmm. Alright. I'll keep quiet.
*** #monkey Session End (11/24/02) ***
On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 21:28:04 -0500