Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Australia becomes a police state [serious]

From: Alexander Bartolich <alexander.bartolich () gmx at>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 10:35:49 +0100 (MET)

Schmehl, Paul L wrote:
[...] In the end it comes down to who do you fear more?
The government (your government) that may exceed its
constitutionally proscribed powers in the pursuit of terrorists?
Or the terrorist, who knows no law and has only one goal in mind
- to kill you and as many other people as he or she can?

Cars. That's what I fear most.
Among people of my age it's the primary cause of death (in Europe at least).

You can have a look at god's own country here:
http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/departments/nrd-30/ncsa/AvailInf.html#

For 2001 they say that 42,116 people died in car crashes.
An amazing 3,033,000 persons got injured.
How much is that in terrorist attacks?

If you ask me, any improvement to public health care would
have far more impact on average life expectancy than all this
snake oil sold by the security industry.

--

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html